Already? It's been a whirlwind of a week. We are slowly but surely figuring things out. We were able to take her home on the first day. Everyone was so impressed at what a healthy baby she was for being a 35 week old preemie. I would like to document her first year of life with weekly updates. So this just the beginning and what we've learned so far...
- She loves to have her arms free or up by her face at the least - swaddling them down is a terrible idea.
- The car seat is way too big for her - OZ and I were so nervous about bringing her home since she is about as big as the buckle that holds her in. (We've since put a blanket under her to raise her up)
- Her clothes are all way too big.
- She's been to the doctor 3 times already, 2 weight checks and a hearing test.
- She sleeps, eats and pees & poops mostly.
- She does not like being cold.
- She has her mom's fingers and her dad's lips
- She has dimples in both her cheeks.
- We wake her up to eat every 3 hours and she'll sometimes stay awake for a few minutes after, which we love.
- She makes lots of sounds that we enjoy... it lets us know she's still breathing.